Cocktails & Canapes
It's no wonder that cocktail-style weddings are becoming incredibly popular. They make for a relaxed and sociable reception and allow for guests to move about freely and mingle. This style of reception also caters to more guests than seated and places a large focus on the celebration. Canapé service and grazing tables ensure guests don't go hungry and also provides them with a variety of flavours to enjoy throughout the night. If you're in favor of hosting a cocktail-style reception, here are a few things to consider.
1. Ensure there is enough food to go around - in excess. No one wants their guests to leave hungry.
2. Make the food easy to find. Whether it's food stations or canapé service, make it visible and readily available.
3. Offer substantial finger food such as sliders, grilled cheese, empanadas and hand pies.
4. Ensure that some seating is supplied. Provide a chill out area for guests with couches and occasional furniture complete with bar leaners and bar stools.
5. Be clear on meal service. Some guests haven't attended a cocktail-style reception and may not know what to expect. Make note of this in invitations to avoid confusion.
6. Have focal points scattered around your reception. We like the idea of grazing tables, candy buffets and more to keep things flowing.
7. Have food come out in stages. This ensures guests are never hungry and always have options to enjoy.
8. Keep it interesting. We love the idea of including a pleasing array of charcuterie, noodle boxes, tacos and skewers.
9. Guests will be consuming plenty of cocktails so ensure they eat a sufficient amount.
10. This type of reception really spotlights the party - specifically dancing so be sure to invest in an entertaining DJ or band.
Hungry for more? Visit our Pinterest board for some tasty inspiration.